Fiy Kreol respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
For the purpose of any applicable legislation related to the processing of personal data, Fiy Kreol is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
Personal data or information, means any information about an individual from which a person can be identified, directly or indirectly.
THE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes [first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender].
- Contact Data includes [billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Transaction Data includes [details about orders to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us].
- Technical Data includes [internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- Profile Data includes [your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses].
- Usage Data includes [information about how you use our website, products and services].
- Marketing and Communications Data includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions – You may give us your Identity and Contact Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account on our website;
- purchase our products or services;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To communicate with you.
- To maintain your online account.
- To contract with you.
- To fulfil any orders placed including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- To personalise the website to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We also use personal data for our internal business purposes including:
- For data analysis
- To monitor and investigate fraud or irregularities.
- To determine the effectiveness of marketing or promotional campaigns.
SHARING OF PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with our selected third-party service providers who assist us in providing our services to you, including:
- Our payment providers
- Our analytical providers
- Our IT and technical service providers
- Our employees in discharging their duties
- Our couriers, agents and delivery companies
- Our professional partners, including our website hosts
- Otherwise, where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
SELLING OF PERSONAL DATA
We do not sell your personal data to any third parties.
DATA RETENTION AND STORAGE
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. Our website utilises encryption methods such as SSL to protect customer data when in transit to and from this website over a secure communications channel. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your personal data, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time [by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by contacting us at any time].
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of [a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions].
We do not knowingly transfer your personal data outside of Seychelles.
Individuals under the age of 18 should not use our website and/or make any purchases on our website or app and we may require you to verify your age when you register for an account with us.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under 18. If we become aware that an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information as soon as is practicable.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data. We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. You also have to right to contact the local supervisory authority governing data protection.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If we make changes to this policy, we will post it on the website. We advise you to visit this policy frequently to stay informed.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.